Sunday, October 8, 2006

Matt's B-day Get-A-Way!

Matt's b-day was on Monday (Oct. 2nd) so the following Friday (Oct. 6th) Matt and I took off for the weekend and went down to Moab to meet up with his folks (that we haven't seen since April at the open house). The drive down was a little scary on Friday, it rained non-stop and we hydroplaned several times but we finally arrived in Moab in one piece and met up with Matt's folks later that night for dinner and it was just so nice to see how happy Matt was with his parents, it was so good!




The next day we all went out to Arches National Park and took a ton of pictures! We just enjoyed the beautiful landscape and just being together. I'm not the closest to Matt's family as I wish I could be but this opportunity to be with them, talk, laugh, and just spend time together was so nice and very well-needed. Later that night we went to the Colorado River on a boat ride at night which was a ton of fun adn very romantic to be sitting there with Matt in the moon light cuddling close. I just felt such a strong love for him and I was just so content and happy to tell you the truth when I am with my baby I tend to always feel happy and content and loved.









On Sunday we ended our little trip by going to Dead Horse Point and once again we just enjoyed the view and nature and being there with my hubby and family. We headed back home that afternoon which was nice and then had our usual Sunday dinner at my Mom's. Just the perfect end to a perfect weekend! Happy Birthday Matt!





No comments: