Well it's officially Christmas Season! I've got all my presents for Matt bought and wrapped! We also bought and wrapped all the families presents so we are all ready to go! It's very very fun to be back into the holiday spirit!
This year I am reading St. Luke all 24 chapters each day up to the 24th of December to help me have the spirit of the true reason of the Christmas season, and I must admit its been amazing! I feel very blessed to have the scirptures in my life and the freedoms to read them. Right now I am reading about he miracles Jesus performed and it just brings tears to my eyes, I'm so entirely grateful for the Savior, or my Savior Jesus Christ, for the example that he led in his life that I too can follow! I pray that asw I read teh scriptures more and continue to pray night and day that I may Come Unto Christ!
I've been reading the Book of Mormon and the main theme thus far that I have read is: "Come Unto Christ". There are numerous scriptures that say to "Come Unto Christ" or "Come Unto Him". One of my favorites is:
"For he is the same yesterday, today, and forever; and the way is prepared for all men from the foundation of the world, if it so be that hey repent and Come Unto Him." ~ 1Nephi 10:18
I love this scripture. I love how its just to the point but more then that I love how comforting it is. It speaks to me, Brittany DeGriselles, it tells me that I can repent and Come Unto Christ, for the way is prepared for me! Such an amazing and lifting scripture. I feel like in this Christmas Season we all need to come a little closer to the Lord and give thanks for not only his humble birth but his amazing life and miracles and repentance, and lastly his atoning sacrifice, for the remission of my sins and sins of the world. I know that as long as I repent, have a pure love of Christ, faith in him, and I strive to serve him always I can return to be with him again! It's just amazing his love for me and his love for all God's children!
One sad this about this Christmas Season is that matt is way for training. The good thing is he comes home on the weekends so its not too bad. Matt leaves every Monday morning and goes to West Valley 9about 30-45 mins north) and stays up there until Friday, he drives home Friday nights and it just so happens to be Friday today! So I am excited to see my hubby very soon! This is his second week training, he has two more weeks up north, then two weeks back here, and then two more weeks up north. He should be finished by January 17th. The training is to become an Assistant Manager at Wal-Mart. We are both very excited about the promotion, he has been working very hard for over a year for it and so it's nice to see the hard work pay off! With the promotion Matt's salary almost doubles so we are very excited about that! I do miss him a lot right now, the longest we have been apart was 2-3 days and so not seeing him for 4-5 days is very hard. I miss sleeping next to him and cuddling with him. I miss his voice and laughter and i can't wait to see him again in just a few hours! I get to spend the whole weekend with him and couldn't be happier! Matt makes my whole world smile and brings so much joy to me. I love him more with each and everyday!
Friday, December 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment