Monday, January 14, 2008

James G. Bergera


April 13th, 1931 - January 12th, 2008
"He Inspired & He Gave"

On Saturday the 12th my beloved Grandpa passed away surrounded in love by all his children and grandchildren. My Grandpa was like a second father to me, I will miss him so much. Grandpa was and is an amazing man, he was the most generous person I have ever met. I am so grateful for all he has done for me in my life: he gave so much so freely to me, he inspired me to do better and to reach for my goals, he inspired me to become the best person I can be and never settle for anything less then I deserve. Grandpa believed very strongly in school and education, he was able to take money that he had saved his whole life and pay for his grandchildren's education, I am forever in debt to him. He taught me to never get behind, to strive for excellence in all that I do, and I know that I will continue to do my best because of the values that he instilled in me. I am so grateful that my husband Matt had the opportunity to meet my Grandpa and become close to him. Matt's grandparents live in Michigan and so he doesn't have the opportunity to visit them nearly as often as my Grandpa, Grandpa Jim as been the closest thing Matt has had to a Grandpa and I am just so grateful they were able to know each other and become close. It's times like these that I am even more grateful for the Plan of Salvation and my faith, I know that I will see my Grandpa again and it brings so much peace to me. My Grandma passed away about 3 and half years ago and I can't express the happiness I feel when I think that my Grandparents are back together again and one day I will be with them too! My Grandpa will always be with me, pushing me to do better, loving me no matter what, and guiding me throughout life, thank you Grandpa!

No comments: