Thursday, April 24, 2008

One semester down, only a million more to go!

Well the semester is officially over! Phew!! This was my first semester back in school after an extended break (about 2 years I think, way too long!) and it was really good! I took a math and geology class and I actually really enjoyed them. I think it helped that I was more committed this time around and focused more on my school work and just getting good grades and I think it really paid off. They haven't posted our finals grades yet but I am feeling pretty good because in my math class I got an A on every math test except one and in my geology class I just took the final and got 103% so I am pretty excited to see what my final grades will look like. Yea!

The excitement of having classes over wont last too long because I start up my summer classes in a week (May 1st)! This summer I am taking 3 classes but I am doing them in blocks so the most classes I will be taking at one time is two and since that is what I just did I feel pretty good about it. So for the first block of classes I am taking just one class math 0990 (I just finished 0950...ya not very advanced math, not by far, but it's been so long since I have taken a math class I had to start fresh…ok to be honest that’s just my excuse but it works right?) that class goes from May1st to June 18th so not too bad at all. For the second block I am taking astronomy and humanities, a little daunting but it shouldn't be too bad. Both of those classes go from June 19th to Aug. 8th just in time to get ready for the fall semester, yippee! So it will be a busy summer but it will be nice to get some of these G.E.'s done and out of the way forever!!

I am also planning on taking a couple classes this full and hopefully I can get my associates really soon and then my bachelors and then the skies the limit! I have to admit I am so glad I started taking classes again this year; it feels so good to be back out there learning and moving forward with my education. I think too often I just get way too comfortable where I am and I need to mix it up a little and really "raise the bar" it just feels good to know that I have done well in my classes and anything is possible! I think Buddha sums it up perfectly..."Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes."

2 comments:

Allison said...

this is the first break ive taken in school ever and for once, i'm jelous that i'm not in school! i'm pretty stoked about this fall and starting up again! Congratualtions on the good grades (most likely!!!) getting grades is nice when you know you've worked for them. Good Job!!

Britt said...

Thanks Alli! My grades aren't up yet so I am still keeping my fingers crossed!