I am sad to say that I think the most exciting thing that has happened all week is that Matt hasn't worked past 10pm which is actually pretty amazing. Sadly enough though that ends tomorrow. Today is Matt's day off which is nice. He is going to the doctors (for a follow-up from a previous visit) then he is going to swing by so we can grab lunch then just relax the rest of the day (which he deserves after driving down to Richfield yesterday...about 2 hours south of here, on his day off might I add...for training which he informed me was completely useless). Tomorrow starts the work week and he works 12-10 tomorrow and Thursday and then Friday 10-10, and the rest of the week (until Tuesday, his next day off) 7-5. Oh and did I mention he doesn't get overtime? Not fun! It gets really hard for both Matt and myself having him work so hard, so many hours, and with little to no appreciation.
He should just quit right?! We wish! It's just so tough (as I am sure it is for a lot of us) with needing a paycheck, health benefits (which are like gold), and a steady, stable job during this economic crisis. I vent a lot about Matt's work so those of you that are hearing this for the millionth time I apologize. Venting helps me a lot though, helps me sort though the frustration I am feeling and help me feel not so alone.
There are suppose to be some changes taking place with Matt's work this coming year (chance for higher pay, paid overtime, etc) which all sound really good but I've come to point where I don't believe it until it happens. Hopefully once we can get Matt on my health insurance (starting January '09, yea!) and after he gets his bonus (around March) we can look for a new job for him with steady hours (you know like around 40...instead of 70!) and a job that can accommodate him going back to school, heck a job where I could see him on holidays would be nice!
I try to be positive and up-beat about the whole thing but it's really hard. Seeing Matt come home from work frustrated, annoyed, ticked off sometimes can really get to me and get me feeling as gloomy as he does. I feel like there is a bigger picture here I am missing, a reason why we are going through this. I strongly believe things happen for a reason and most of the time if not all the time the reason is to make you a stronger person. I'm really trying to be a stronger person but if you knew the person you loved was miserable where they worked you would be pretty frustrated too right?!
Well I better stop before I get too wound up. Thanks for letting me vent, it helps more then you know. To quote one of my favorite scriptures, "...and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good." - D&C 122:7
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, I'm sorry. Don't you just hate being an Adult sometimes. I hope things start to get better for you guys. . especially with the holidays coming up. Just remember nothing lasts forever! Good luck!
Post a Comment