Friday, April 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Grandpa Jim!


Today is my grandpa Jim's birthday, he would have been 81 years old. He passed away over four years ago which seems completely insane to me. Some days it feels like just yesterday I was living in his basement, going to lunch with him, and talking to him about my goals. Every day I miss this man. Every day I wish he was here with me. Both he and my grandma have left a huge hole in my heart when they passed away that I don't think will ever be filled.


If there is one thing I am grateful for it's that I know one day we will be together again. And when that day comes and I return to my maker I will wrap my arms around my grandma and grandpa and there wont even be words to express the happiness I will feel!


If there was one thing I could change it was that I wish my grandparents could have met Abby. I know my grandma would rock her to sleep and sing "Love One Another" or "I am a Child of God". She would bend over backwards to make sure Abby is happy and healthy and never sad. She would read her stories and call her her "little miss muffet" like she did with me.

Abby would have my grandpa wrapped around her little finger. He would read to her and teach her important life lessons. He would tell her how important education is and tell her to never settle for anything but the best, because that is what she deserves. He would make her smile and tell her he loved her every day.

Though they may not have meet here on this world I know they were very close in heaven. I can imagine my grandparents preparing Abby to come down here, teaching her all about her silly mommy and telling her how much they love her.



I love you so much grandma and grandpa. I am thankful you are both together again and I know you are looking down on me and keeping me safe. "Until we meet again"!

No comments: