What a trip! I can't even believe how much fun we had. I have always had fun at Disneyland but I can definitely say that there is something truly magical about taking your kids for the first time. I am so grateful Matt and I had the opportunity to take Abby and Liam. We owe a HUGE thanks to Utah Community Credit Union for allowing us this opportunity. I know that without them we wouldn't have been able to do this.
At the beginning of the year Matt and I decided we were tired of being charged fees for using our savings and checking accounts. I wont name the bank we were going through but we had been loyal customers for probably over 10 years so when we started to notice these monthly fees we were pretty upset. After calling the bank and trying to fix it we realized it was useless and we would probably have to change banks. After talking to family and friends we decided go with Utah Community Credit Union. Everyone I had talked to said they loved them and plus they had no fees whatsoever! The transition over to them went flawless, I knew we made the right choice.
About a month after we opened our accounts I was in the Lindon, Utah branch making a deposit. I noticed some flyers talking about a Facebook contest for a trip to Disneyland. Like most I didn't really think about it much until one day when I was at work and I decided to "Like" the UCCU Facebook page. I saw the Facebook contest again and figured why not? I can't remember exactly how much time passed from when I entered until they made the announcement but when I received the "Congratulations" e-mail from UCCU I was ECSTATIC! I couldn't believe I had won. It was crazy!!! I met with the Marketing Manager for UCCU a few days later to go over the details and that was it! They even took my photo for their Facebook page...
After coordinating schedules with both our families we were able to set the dates for our trip for October 5th - 9th. We wanted to wait until Austin came off his mission so it worked out perfectly. We left early on Saturday morning and despite being on the road for what seemed like forever both Abby and Liam did awesome. Such troopers!
On Sunday we spent the day visiting Matt's family and watching conference. Matt's parents live about an hour from Anaheim so it wasn't a bad drive. It was so great being able to spend some time with them. Matt's brother Aaron and sister Danielle were able to come up from Utah as well which was awesome.
With Matt's birthday on October 2nd we had a little belated birthday party for him. Abby always loves singing "Happy Birthday" and blowing out the candle.
My mini-me!
Abby found grandma and grandpa's toy closet pretty quickly, lol.
On Monday we spent the day at DISNEYLAND!
Classic Austin Disneyland pose from 2010 and 2013, lol.
We took a shuttle to the park and it was Abby's first time on a bus. She was a little hesitate at first but soon warmed up to it and had fun. It was PACKED so Chelsie had to stand and hold Abby because of course Abby loves her Chelsie. Talk about some strong arms Chelsie!
I had these cute shirts made for the kids for the trip. You can't see Liam's as well but it's pretty much the same as Abby's just with his name. We got quite a few compliments. My kids are the cutest!
I think Abby was a little overwhelmed with everything. There is definitely a lot to take it! She kept wanting to be held. Liam was out of it pretty quickly though. We borrowed this stroller from my friend Ashley and it worked out perfect for both kids!
The first ride we went on when we go inside the park was Pirates of the Caribbean. I was a little worried Abby might be scared so I held her on my lap and told her to let me know if I needed to close her eyes. As the ride started she got a little nervous and after the second drop she was holding me pretty tight. We were thinking of going to Haunted Mansion after but I could tell Abby would not have fun so we decided to skip it. I remember my first time going on the Haunted Mansion, I was five and it scared me so much! Thankfully we found a lot of other rides to go on that Abby LOVED!
It was way cute because at first Abby was being so shy with her cousins until we went on Tarzan's Treehouse and then she warmed right up to Leona. They were holding hands the whole time it was so cute!
Abby would not let anyone else play on this, the little stinker! We had to remind her to share with the other kids. She was having a blast!
Liam sure loves his cousin Luke!
What cute girls!!!!
I think the teacups were Abby's favorite ride! She loved them!!
Love this photo! I have a photo of myself like this :)
It was fun because when we went to "It's a Small World" Abby sat up front with her cousins Emma, Leona, and Luke and they had SOOOO much fun! I have never seen Abby so excited and happy.
On Tuesday we spent the day at CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE, loved it!
One of the first things I did was take Abby to the Wilderness Adventure play area. She had so much fun running around and climbing on everything. It might have been her favorite place.
It was fun going to Cars Land for the first time. Very cool!
What a silly bunch of kids!
Abby loved playing with Luke! She would do this thing where she would tickle him, so cute.
They have this splash pad at Bug's Land and Abby had a ball! She also got soaking wet but it's all good!
These last few photos are courtesy of my mini photography Abby, I love them!
Our GPS unit after we returned home, a LONG trip but so worth it!



No comments:
Post a Comment