Matt and I haven't been able to get away on a real vacation for WAY too long (we went to SLC the end of April for two days but it was so quick I don't know if I would technically call it a vacation) and so this past weekend was definitely a long time coming. On Saturday (the 14th) Matt and I flew to California and arrived at about 3:30. Matt's sister Danielle was at the airport to greet us, she drove us up to Big Bear (where Matt's family is from) where the family was getting ready to take some new family photos...since the last time we took photos we have had two new additions to the family, Matt's youngest sister Allison got married last year so her new hubby Tim hasn't been in any family photos as well as our little niece Leona who is about two months old now. It was really fun getting new pictures, seeing the family all dressed up, and just seeing everyone again.
Sunday morning we had Leona's baby blessing in the same church Luke (my nephew) had his. It was so nice seeing all the DeGriselles men gathered together for the baby blessing. It just makes me even more grateful for the gospel and that Matt has such an amazing family that has such strong values in the church. I can't wait for the day we bless our own little baby! After church we went back to Mom and Dad's house where we had some amazing steaks for dinner and delicious ribs for dinner! (We were definitely spoiled!) Sunday night we all (the whole gang which includes Matt & I, Aaron, Thom & Sarah & family (they couldn't stay long) Danielle, Allison & Tim, and Tim) catched up, relaxed, and enjoyed the time together!

Monday morning we got up so stinkin early! But it was well worth it because we went to Disneyland and it was a BLAST! It was the first time I had gone to Disneyland with the whole DeGriselles crew! It was so much fun being at such a fun-filled park like Disneyland with family and friends, I can't wait to go back! We hit up Pirates of the Caribbean, The Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, The Matterhorn, and a few rides in California Adventure like The Tower of Terror, Soaring over California, and the California Screamer. I haven't had so much fun in a long time, I enjoyed every minute of it! (well maybe not all the waiting in line, but what can you do?)
Tuesday Matt and I took off back home to good old Utah. It was very bitter-sweet leaving the family behind and all the amazing times we had, but it's always nice getting home and back to life. I am not sure when we will be able to see the whole family again but I know it wont be soon enough!
(can anyone name the song the title for this blog is from?)
No comments:
Post a Comment