(I thought this was just too funny!)So I figured it was time for another post just to keep you to speed on what's going on in Matt and my life...
I just took my math final (last week actually) I am not sure how I did in the class the grades should be posted tomorrow so that will be good. I actually e-mailed the teacher wondering if she knew (I am so not patient) she said she didn’t have the grades in front of her but she thinks I got an A. Yea! I am pretty happy about that, I mean even a B would put a smile on my face (especially since I have not done too well in that class in the past).
I am taking Humanities the second block this summer and my first day was a blast! I am the official scribe for the teacher (it was actually by choice and I get an extra 5 points, right on!) the teacher seems really cool and fun. It should be a good class and I am really excited to see how it goes.
I had also signed for Astronomy, I went to the first day of class yesterday and dropped it first thing this morning. There were a lot of reasons I dropped it, the disadvantages of taking it in a block (so much stuff, not even time), it was from 7-9:30pm Monday and Wednesdays and I work at 7am every morning so I would have no time to come home after class and just relax, instead I would be going straight to bed. Also my teacher is kind of a jerk. He mumbles a lot so I had no idea what he was talking about and when other students asked questions he would look at them like they were dumb. I really don’t need a teacher that is going to be rude and not helpful to the scientifically challenged (like myself). So I decided to just stick with the Humanities class and focus all my homework time on that one class. I have found I do about a hundred times better when I lighten my school load a little and just focus on getting good grades. Sure it will take longer but my GPA could use the help.
Besides school we are keeping ourselves busy with work. Actually work is really nice because I just take inbound calls which means between calls I can do a little homework here and there which is always a good thing. My work has been really awesome these 2 ½ years I have been working here. I really couldn’t ask for a better job while in school. Work for Matt is going good. He is still working graveyard as an Assistant Manger at Wal-Mart. He was told that in August he should be switched back to days so we couldn’t be more excited. Though at times work can be hectic and crazy and just all around annoying (whose work isn’t) I am so grateful that we both have steady jobs with pretty decent health insurance (which is coming in REALLY handy right now) and helps keep a roof over our head and food on the table. I watched a show (30 days with Morgan Spurlock, check it out!) about how hard it is to live off of minimum wage now days. I am so appreciative of the fact that Matt and I don’t have to worry about that. We may not be making the millions but we do ok for us and I couldn’t be happier about that.
So all in all things are going good for us. We definitely feel like we need another vacation (hopefully we can head down to our families cabin this summer), and we would always love a little break from the fun medical bills we have, but we can’t complain. We are truly blessed with amazing family and friends, jobs that keep a roof over our head and food in our mouths and a good education (which hopefully we can get done sooner rather then later). I hope all is well for you too and life is treating you good!
2 comments:
Blast. So I wrote a long comment but when I went to post it blogger decided to be unavailable and everything I said disappeared. How rude. Anyway, to sum up what I said before, I think that comic is funny because its so true. I tell a lot of people to just read my blog when maybe I should be talking to them.
And I feel you and the lighter class load and higher GPA. That's what I'm gonna do. Take a wee bit longer to graduate but have a higher chance of having actually learned something while I was there!! Good luck with Humanities
Hey Brittany,
How are things going? I love you blog! Your pictures are so cute, you and your husband look so good together and you look so happy, I really like your glasses. Sounds like school is going pretty good for you. Where are you going to school? What is your major. Good luck with humanities :)
Post a Comment