So yesterday morning when I drove to work the weather was perfect (which to me means no snow) but by about 8am it started to snow a little, then a little more, then a little more...and it didn't stop until probably 5pm! And they weren't little snow flakes either, they were probably the
biggest snow flakes I've ever seen. At my work we all just sat there starring at the blizzard that was upon us wondering when it would stop and how much bigger could the flakes get. Well the snow-plowers couldn't get to all the roads quick enough so understandably I was pretty nervous about my drive home. I decided to take the freeway because it seemed like with all the traffic most of the snow shouldn't stick...well it wasn't a bad ride home until I hit a patch of
black ice and my car started to go out of control. I didn't have time to really think of what I should do except slow down a little and try to get control of my car again. All in all it was only about 10 seconds of me being scared to death but it seemed like an eternity. I made it home safe and sound (and with
EXTREMELY white knuckles). Once I got home it was actually pretty neat seeing how much snow we got. I shoveled our walk way and took some photos, and even measured to see how much snow we got...about a foot! I couldn't believe it! Growing up it seemed like we never had snow storms this bad (or else I would have
LOVED it!) and we are supposed to get an even bigger one on Christmas Day (which is why I am pretty glad I will be at my Mom's house most of the day just relaxing). Here are some of the photos I took...now if only we could come up with a way for snow to completely avoid the roads when it came falling down I would be set!

(My apartment and walk-way)

(Another view of our walk-way that I shoveled and my car down at the bottom)
(I made a little path to our trash...hehe)

(A foot of snow in our yard! Crazy!!)
(This guy got his car stuck but he was being kind of a dork so I just laughed!)

(He finally got his car out...oh and my little car that barely made it home last night not to mention when I was leaving for work this morning it barely made it out of all this snow, it was pretty interesting to say that least)

(I just thought the lights with the snow on top of them looked really cool...)
No comments:
Post a Comment