Thursday, August 20, 2009

Truly, Madly, Deeply...

So on August 10th exactly four years ago Matt and I had our very first date. As many of you know we initially “met” on ldssingles.com. We were both a little shy and thought “hey why not try this online stuff?” and guess what? It worked! (I also have two friends who met their husbands online, how’s that for freaking cool!)
Well I was not one of those people that wanted to chat via e-mail or phone calls for months so about a week after we spotted each other online I asked Matt if he wanted to go out and of course he said yes. We decided to meet somewhere public (you just never know what kind of weirdo’s you can meet online) and thought a dinner and a movie at the Provo Mall would be pretty fun and stress-free. We decided to meet by the water fountain in the front entrance and then have dinner at Red Robin. I remember that Matt ordered Fajitas and I ordered a BLTA Croissant (still my favorite) and after dinner we watched Fantastic Four.
What left the biggest impression on me from that night was how comfortable and relaxed I felt with Matt. He’s so laid-back and easy going its hard not to have fun with him. The next couple of days we went on a bunch of dates from heading up to Lagoon with friends to checking out the BYU Art Museum, every date was a blast! It wasn’t however until our road trip to Matt’s parents in October that I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.
Matt proposed to me on October 30th, 2005 and we were married February 24th , 2005. It’s been four years since I met Matt and though it’s completely corny and cheesy to say it’s honestly been the greatest four years of my life! I love you baby!

October 1st, 2005

No comments: