Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Museums & Mischief!



Today Matt and I are heading over the Woodbury Art Museum (in Orem) to view the SHAOLIN: Temple of Zen for his Ethics class. The exhibit is by Justin Guariglia who had been observing the Shaolin Temple monks in China for several years and with the monk's permission was able to take photographs and document some of their scared traditions. This is the first time they've ever let allowed someone to do this and so Matt's teacher wants the class to attend the exhibit and decided if it was ethical for the photographer to display their scared ceremonies. I think it should be pretty interesting!

Speaking of school the semester is probably about half way through and our classes are going pretty well. I’ve been enjoying my nutrition class and my first test is on Tuesday, yikes! It should be pretty simple I think, especially with how laid back my teacher is but still makes me a tad bit nervous. We’ve covered some of the basics of nutrition, carbohydrates, fats, and food labels and I’ve learned a lot of really useful information. It’s always nice having a class where you can actually taking something from it and use it in your daily life. Though Matt’s class isn’t the most exciting of subjects (who likes ethics anyways?) I think he’s doing pretty good in it and will be glad to have it over with! I think we both would rather just have all our schooling over with but you just got to take it one day at a time right?!

No comments: