I feel like such a slacker! I’ve been waiting to post about Christmas until I had the chance to upload my photos but I keep forgetting to bring them to work so I decided I am just gonna post and then upload the pics later, that works right?!
Well Matt and I had an amazing Christmas! We had the extremely incredible opportunity to fly out to
With Matt’s work schedule we couldn’t fly out until Christmas morning but it was actually pretty quite at the airport which was nice. Matt’s folks picked us up at the airport and after a quick bite at Panda Express (a new experience for all of us on Christmas day) we headed up to Big Bear. It had been WAY too long since we’ve seen the DeGriselles family and it was really good just chatting and catching up with everyone. Everyone was up for Christmas this year except Allie and Tim who we were able to chat with via skype which was really nice.
Later that night we opened presents and I can’t believe how much mom and dad spoiled us rotten! We are beyond blessed to have such amazing parents who do so much for us. Our simple present to them seems pretty insignificant compare to all they’ve done for us. We got so much stuff that we’re actually gonna have to have Matt’s brother Aaron (who is still in
On Saturday we actually didn’t leave the house once! (Which I perfectly enjoyed!) It snowed off and on all day so it was pretty nice just bumming around and relaxing. I was able to spend a lot of time with my adorable niece Leona and nephew Luke and all I can say is I love these kids! They are by far the cutest little kids I know (ya so maybe I am a little biased) and I am so grateful I had the opportunity to spend the whole day with them! Luke seemed to get a little attachment to me which was pretty funny. Matt asked him if he was excited for us to come visit again and Luke innocently replied, “only your wife” we all burst out laughing! He had fun showing me his “Bat-Cave” under the stairs and he was quite the little burst of energy.
Sunday we enjoyed spending time with the family at church (where Luke wouldn’t let Matt put his arm around my shoulders, lol!) and then we had to quickly take off. Our flight left at 5:30pm which doesn’t seem like too early but when you add the time it takes to drive down the mountain as soon as church was over we got in the car and took off. We had a fun 3-hr layover in Vegas and didn’t get home until 1am but it was an amazing trip and we had a blast!
(I promise to get some pictures up soon!)
No comments:
Post a Comment