Thursday, October 21, 2010

Disneyland Vacation!

What an AMAZING weekend!! Matt and I along with my mom, sister and hubby, and two brothers ventured to Southern California this pas weekend (Oct. 14th-17th) and had a ball! We had been wanting to go to Disneyland for some time now and decided to take advantage of UEA weekend and take a little vaca.


We took off on Thursday (October 14th) morning and reached Anaheim around 8. We decided to rent a minivan and though it was a little tight (especially for us back-seaters) it was nice spending the drive together as a family. On the way down we stopped in Apple Valley (about an hour and half from Anaheim) to visit with Matt's folks who recently moved there from Big Bear. They were nice enough to feed us dinner where we were able to catch up and it was great! When we finally got to the hotel though we were ready for bed! (Well that and ready to go to Disneyland the next day!!)



Matt and I getting ready for bed! (It was a LONG drive)



Matt's parents surprised Matt with a couple of belated birthday presents when we stopped by.


Dreaming of Disneyland!


Even the boys were all tuckered out.

Austin just being silly!


The next day (October 15th) we were all ready to go to the park. We spent the day getting reacquainted with our favorite rides at both Disneyland and California Adventure and honestly what would be better then that! Well maybe the fact that Matt's parents were able to spend the day with us which was also a really fun surprised. We had a blast but by the end of the night though my feet were killing me! Guess that's what happens when you are 6 months pregnant right, lol!



Ryan, my mom, and Austin ready to go!


Wes, Chelsie, and my mom glad to finally be at Disneyland!


Though it's only been a couple of months since our last trip out to the park we were both so excited to start the adventure again!


Even though I couldn't go on a couple of my favorite rides (The Matterhorn, Thunder Mountain, and Indiana Jones) I still had a blast! I was able to go on all the rest of my favorite rides which definitely made up for it.


Our one and only entire family picture, I think it turned out pretty cute!



Wes, Chelsie, and Mom ready for the Haunted Mansion (Nightmare Before Christmas themed)


Austin was taking pictures left and right on his fancy-smancy camera, should be fun to see how they turned out!


Gotta get the "in-front-of-the-castle-picture" in right?!



Gotta love the siblings! (It was the first time since 2006 that we were able to go together)


Mom and Dad D. joining in the fun!



The boys decided to go on Splash Mountain...ya they got just a little soaked!




Matt and his mom, yup he's a momma's boy through and through!



We had to get park-hopper tickets! We were excited for all the new things they had there since the last time we went.



This pic didn't turn out the best but I think it's not too bad!



Me and my lovey! I can't wait until we can take Abby to Disneyland and she will get to experience the "Magic" of Disney!


Saturday (October 16th) was our second day in the park and we decided to use our "early-bird" pass and go into the park before it even opened! We spent another full day having fun and just being silly!



Gotta love it when the Peter Pan ride has no lines!



We took a raft over to what use to be Tom Sawyers' Island (now it's called Pirate's Liar). It was the first time I had ever been over there and it was pretty fun!



The boys are always getting in trouble!







Of course Matt had to stumble upon this in the Lego store, has he decided to join the dark side?



Our last day at the park was Sunday (October 17th) and we made sure to have fun! We went on all our old favorites and didn't want to leave!

Ya I can see the similarities, lol!


It was so fun seeing the park all decked out for Halloween, definitely got me in the Halloween spirit!



We decided to get our picture in front of the "A" for Abby! (And since they don't have a "B" or "M" in CALIFORNIA)



Chelsie and Wes, too "C"ute!



And lastly Ryan eating some popcorn on the "C" (this was an inside joke, you'll have to ask Ryan about it)


By the time we got home Monday (October 18th) around 6am (I know!!) we were all ready to go to bed and finally get some sleep! We had an amazing time though and I am so glad I got to share this experience with my family! Good times, good times!!

No comments: