Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Abby Ruth DeGriselles...the official post!

I am still in utter disbelief as I write this that my beautiful baby girl is finally here! It's pretty funny too because today is actually her due date, however unlike her mom, she decided to come early and we are so glad she is here! Nothing can really describe all the feelings I have as I hold her in my arms but I will try...oh and be forewarned this may turn in to one LONG post!

In all started...Friday morning around 2:30am (of course right?!) I woke up with what I could only imagine was what everyone had described to me as contractions. They weren't terribly painful but they were consistent. After about a half hour I woke up Matt and we started timing them. We had heard so much about false labors that we decided to wait a couple of hours and see what happens before we went to the hospital. By about 8am we decided they weren't stopping and we should at least see what the hospital said. We took a shower, got ready, I shaved my legs just in case (lol) and we headed to the hospital. We got things ready for work just in case they told us to head home instead.

Once we got to the hospital and they checked all my stats they told me I was having a baby, I couldn't believe it! I was excited, nervous, scared, anxious, and every emotion mixed into one! We called our family and soon they gave me the epidural which was HEAVEN! Well the actually giving of the epidural probably hurt more then the contractions but once my lower half fell asleep it was great! I remember my legs feelings a tingling and every once in a while Matt would rub my leg and it felt like it your leg was waking up and hurt so bad! I had to remind Matt no rubbing the legs!


My last belly pic! (So I guess it would be my week 39 pic, lol!)



Excited and nervous and ready to meet our little girl!


Grandma was anxiously awaiting the arrival of her first grandbaby!


Uncle Ryan ready to meet Abby!


Ryan and Chelsie making sure Abby gets the all the love she can when she is born!


Aunt Chelsie and the cute little outfit she bought Abby on the way over.

After hours and hours of waiting for me to dilate (which looking back seemed to have gone by SUPER fast) at around 5:30pm they had me start pushing. it was funny because my doctor was at another hospital on his way over when they started me pushing just to see how close I was and they had me stop because any second Abby would be there and the doctor hadn't arrived yet. Finally Dr. Wolsey (an amazing doctor and super nice) arrived and with one more push Abby was here! I don't know if it was just the epidural but the whole process wasn't bad at all! Everything went smooth and I feel very lucky!


Introducing...Abby Ruth DeGriselles!


She weighed 7lbs, 12 oz and was 20.5"


I thought I was going to start crying when I saw her and though it was very close I was just too happy to cry!



One proud papa! Matt was AMAZING during the whole process! He was my number one cheerleader (even when the blood made him a bit queasy) and his support was unbelievable! The whole time he was making me feel at ease, being silly and keeping my mind off of things, and didn't leave my side!


Aunt Chelsie with Abby, she was SO excited to meet her!!!


Grandma and baby, her first grandbaby and man is she going to be spoiled!



Grandpa and baby Abby!


Annette, Mackenzie, and my dad admiring the little cutie girl!

We arrived at the hospital on Friday and went home on Sunday. It was really nice getting waited on so much (meals in bed, bed-side service) I figured it was the last little vacation we would have in a while so I made sure to live it up, lol! Matt stayed in a little bed next to mine and we got the opportunity to have Abby with us the whole time (except the second night when we had the nursery watch her so we could take a little break). We took as many pics as possible, it was so much fun!














We came home on Sunday and showed Abby her new room and new clothes and all the fun things we had for her (though she pretty much just slept through it all). We are now just having fun with her, getting to know her and her cute little personality. Though it's been quite an adjustment getting use to her sleeping schedule (aka sleeping all day and staying up all night) we couldn't love her more!

4 comments:

Matt and Laura said...

Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well. She is adorable!!! What a sweetheart! Keep taking lots of pictures because they grow WAY TOO FAST! We're so exctited for you!

Chelsie said...

Every time I see here my heart melts!!

Chelsie said...

Oh silly me...I meant her not here..

Kate said...

Congrats, she is beautiful! Glad everything went well and she is finally here! Enjoy every moment with her, they grow way too fast!