Monday, November 12, 2012

My Stupidity!

So this past Saturday (November 10th) I think I did my most stupidest thing EVER! I was being such a good mom and quilting a baby blanket for Liam (which I might add is my first ever sewing project)...


...when I was trying so hard to sew good straight lines and the next thing I know the needle went into my left index finger and broke off! It hurt and all but mostly I was just in shock, WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED!? My mom was sitting near me helping me when I look at her and say, "Mom I totally just sewed my finger!" she looks at me and says, "No you didn't" and then proceeds to pull the thread (which is still attached to my finger) and I scream! She then starts laughing and I am freaking out! Well mostly I was just super embarrassed. I had her try to pull it out but it hurt too bad. She told me I better go to the hospital in case it's infected. Well after waiting for hours to be seen they finally pull me back and remove the needle...


...it was such a small part of the needle stuck in my finger but I was so glad to have it out! I teased my mom and told her this is why my generation shouldn't sew! The doctor and nurses gave me a hard time but I'll admit it I deserved it!


Yesterday my mom finished Liam's quilt and now we have a fun story to tell him when he is older.

No comments: