Monday, March 17, 2008

Well that wasn't too bad...

Well a couple of days ago I mentioned how I was getting my wisdom teeth out this Friday (the 14th) and how nervous I was and anxious and the whole bit...well I am proud to report that the surgery went fine and was definitely not as scary as I had thought! Matt took me into the Doctors at about 11:15am and I was just so ready to get back in the car, drive back to my warm cozy bed, and forget about the whole thing! But I decided it would be better if I was just brave and get through it and it wasn't half as bad as I thought. I went into the operation room (hehe I am making it all sound so official but really it was just like a dentist office) and then the doc stuck an i.v. in my arm and told me I was gonna start feeling sleepy and before I knew it I was completely out of it. The next thing I remember is slowly waking up and having Matt sitting near me which was very nice and comforting! I guess my only really silly moment was when I was waking up and I couldn't talk because my mouth was so dry and full of gauze. I was trying to tell Matt that I couldn't talk but since you can't talk when you can't talk (if that makes any sense whatsoever) I was trying to use sign language but since Matt doesn't know sign language he had no clue what I was trying to say. It was cute though because he gave me his cell phone so I could at least text him but I was still so out of it and not use to Matt’s phone I don't think I was even able to spell out a single word...oh well! Matt took me home soon after that and then went to get my meds, he is a pretty dang awesome nurse to tell you the truth! Matt was at my side the whole day getting me pudding and ice cream, he even made a huge batch of mashed potatoes (ya it was huge! We even have some leftovers…yummy) and I am here to tell you they were the best mashed potatoes ever! It might have just been because I was so hungry but they were delicious! I was a little sick that first day but the whole thing was definitely a lot less painful and traumatic as I was expecting. Today is day 4 and my mouth is still a little sore and has some definite bruising but things are looking good. If this weekend has taught me anything it's how truly blessed I am for having such a freakin amazing husband that bends over backwards for me (especially when I am feeling sick) and I just can't thank him enough for all he does for me! Thanks baby!
(by the way yes I did have chipmunk cheeks...hehe...they weren't too bad according to my family but I will be happy when they're gone!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are feeling well. Good thing you have a great hubby... that makes things all the better. Get all better soon!

Britt said...

Thanks!! Good hubby's are the best ever!