Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Moab Rocks!

So Matt and I just got back from Moab and all I can say is...awh! It was AMAZING! We have been trying to plan a trip out to Moab since this spring so when we were finally able to go this last weekend (the 29th-31st) is was amazing!

We left on Friday (the 29th) and the drive down was really nice. There weren't as many cars as we dreaded and the weather was just perfect! We arrived in Moab at about 3 and just sorta hung out in our room for a little bit, watched a little TV and played on the computer until dinner time. (Ok you might be asking why in the world would we go all the way to Moab just to watch TV? Well all our hiking we were planning for Saturday so Friday was just our get to Moab and relax day, and that's just what we did!) For dinner we went to one of our favorite restaurants The Moab Brewery. We both got burritos (I got pork and Matt got chicken) and then we nibbled on each others, it was very yummy! We would have gone swimming that night but the hot tub was broken so we decided to skip the swimming. We got to bed pretty early so we could get ready for hiking the next day.


(Matt standing in front of our hotel, Comfort Suites. My aunt and uncle manage the hotel so we get a good discount, yea for amazing family!)


(Me just kicking back watching a little TV.)


(Matt is writing a novel so he tried to get a little writing in...)


Saturday morning we slept in which was WONDERFUL! Our hotel has continental breakfast so we enjoyed some yummy Belgium waffles and juice! After breakfast we took off to Arches National Park. I have wanted to take Matt on the Delicate Arch hike for a long time so we decided to hit that up first.

(If you look in the background at the slick rock we had to hike up that and then if you can see the rock formations beyond that is where the Delicate Arch is.)

(My beautiful hubby in the beautiful dessert of Southern Utah!)

(Delicate Arch!)



(We asked this European lady to take our pic with the arch, I wish you could see more of the arch but I think it turned out cute!)


(I love this pic of Matt, he looks so exhausted! The hike really kicked our butt!)




(At the end of the hike there were these really neat petroglyphs, definitely amazing!)

(Also at the end of the hike they had this neat cabin)

The next hike we went on is called Sand Dune Arch. It was a much shorter hike then Delicate Arch so it was nice taking a little break. I really love this arch because you can climb right up on it.

(On the hike up to Sand Dune Arch there were a couple of little narrow passages like this. They were pretty neat.)

(Another one of the narrow passages)

(Sand Dune Arch!)

(Matt hiking up to the top of the arch)


(Matt just sitting on top of the arch...just chillin)


That night we were exhausted! The combination of the hiking and heat did us in! We decided though that we still wanted to keep active so after dinner we decided to walk down Main Street and check out some of the fun shops.

(I don't think Matt realized I was taking this pic..hehe)


(In the background you can see some of the little shops)


The next day we took off back home. It was definitely sad having to leave, the trip was AMAZING! On the way home it was really stormy, luckily it didn't really rain too bad. Here are a few shots I took from the car of a rainbow and then the stormy sky...




















Sunday was a crazy busy day for us! As soon as we got home we had to run to church, after church we went down to my mom's because my younger brother Austin had to get ordained, and then after that we had a little family gathering with some yummy BBQ!

(Matt and I posing for the camera)


(Chelsie and Wes getting some grub)

(Chelsie and Mom)

(Austin promoting peace...nice!)

3 comments:

Kate said...

Looks like you guys had a great time in Moab! Don't we live in a beautiful state! Cool pictures!

Allison said...

I hate to say it, but your title was a horrible pun. Horrible!

I'm glad you guys had such a fun time though. (Even if your definition of camping is way off!)

Britt said...

First of all I didn't say anything about camping...yes this would be our ideal camping situation but I never mentioned it in the post (well I guess I sorta did now but that doesn't count!) and second of all yes it's a horrible pun but it works so well! (plus it's the only thing I could think of)