Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's finally done!

This semester I took an Astronomy class and it's been really fun! Besides learning a lot of really neat facts (like did you know that...The planet Venus does not tilt as it goes around the Sun, so consequently, it has no seasons or The Sun contains over 99.8 percent of the total material (mass) in our solar system, while Jupiter contains most of the rest) I was able to get out my old painting supplies and whip up a new painting for our final project. We were given the assignment to take one of our talents and create something to display either a concept we learned in class or something we will take from class. I was planning on making some sugar cookies shaped like the planets and stars since baking sugar cookies has become a hobby for me. When I told Matt my idea he thought it would be really cool if I painted something instead and showed off the little artistic talent I claim to have. I haven't picked up a paint brush in way too long so I was a little apprehensive with jumping right into a full out painting for my final project. With encouragement from my amazing husband I was able to dive right into it and spark an old flame with my love for painting. Here is my finished product (it's about the size of a small table top), the photo quality is not the best but I think it turned out pretty good...

4 comments:

Kate said...

Yea for being done with class! Your planet painting is way cool- good job! I hope Matt recovers quickly, glad things went well.

Yes, there is a hidden meaning behind the Hershey Bar. It says "Heresheis" then below that it has her name and Net wt. 8lbs 3oz. Then on the back it has all her birth statistics... like a normal candy bar would have nutritional info. Like her length, time and where she was born, parents, etc. Zak's mom ordered a bunch of them for us to announce she was here. They were fun!

Britt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Britt said...

I get it "Here-she-is" too cute! Who thought of that??

Britt said...

I love it!