Monday, March 2, 2009

What are the chances?

So Matt and I actually had a Saturday off...at the same time! It is a very rare occasion for Matt and I to both have Saturday off and so we took advantage of it! We were invited to a Diabetes Expo at the South town Expo Center so we decided to check it out. Before we went though I decided to help Matt trim up his goatee...we'll I didn't realize how low the setting was and kind of shaved it completely off! I thought it would be fun to take a photo of Matt with a mustache...


I love it...haha! Ok not really, the mustache actually quite scares me a lot! We shaved it off very quickly after the photo was taken...at least we have the photo for memories right?!

The Diabetes Expo was pretty neat though, we only ended up staying for about an hour but we learned a lot of cool things. Matt also got two free blood glucose monitors (about a $40 value).
One was a tad bigger then the other one but both smaller then his current one which should be pretty handy. We also got free food, some handouts, and some blood tests done (cholesterol and blood sugar). Overall it was a really neat experience!

After the Expo we decided to visit my Aunt Cathy who lives up in Salt Lake. Matt had never been to her house so we decided to stop by for a little bit and visit. It was nice just relaxing and talking with Cathy...she is always so warm and welcoming, she's the best!

Next we decided to get some lunch. Since we were up in Salt Lake of course we had to go to our favorite taco shop, Rubio's! We both got fish taco's and they were EXCELLENT! Here's a picture of Matt finishing off his fish burrito...lol!



After lunch we decided to walk around the shopping area...we hit Petco, Bed Bath and Beyond, and some health food store (where it was rather smelly inside, I couldn't tell if it was just the organic food or the granola people...lol!!) After our shopping (where we actually didn't buy a thing! I was so proud) we went to Maggie Moo's to get some ice cream. For those not familiar with Maggie Moo's (it was only our second time) it's a lot like Cold Stone where you pick your base ice cream and then you add a mix in...


I got cake batter with cookie dough and gummy bears...YUM!


Matt got "cinnamoo" with heath bar...also quite good!


The rest of the day we cleaned our apartment (not fun but definitely needed!) and just relaxed. It was ideal having the day off together and just kicking back while we could...sadly Matt is going to have a crazy upcoming month! They are doing inventory at his work so I may see Matt very sporadically. Not fun, but what can you do? I was just glad we were able to hang out all weekend and get the most out of our time together (while we can)!

No comments: