Holy freakin amazing best ever concert of my life! I can’t believe how superb the No Doubt concert was last night. Words truly don’t do the concert justice, I wish I could have taken all of you with me!
There were two opening bands, The Sounds and Paramore. The Sounds opened first and though I had never heard of them they were really good and I quickly remembered how stinkin loud concerts are! Maybe I just don’t go to enough concerts or I am getting old but holy crap my ears were already hurting and it was only the opening bands! After The Sounds performed Paramore came on stage and tore it up! They were amazing! It was really nice to be able to actually recognize some of the songs and to sing along. The energy was pretty crazy too, every one was pumped up and excited and it just made the whole experience that much more unreal.
The anticipation for No Doubt was getting pretty crazy when Paramore wrapped up. They took about 15 mins to get everything set up for No Doubt when suddenly the lights went dark and through this big white curtain they had up the band members shadows stood larger then life and everyone went crazy! At first you could see Adrian, then Tom, then Tony until finally Gwen’s shadow appeared and everyone got our of their seats and were going crazy, shouting, clapping, yelling at the top of their lungs (yes my voice is gone today…lol!) it was insane! The curtain quickly dropped and there stood No Doubt in their entirety to kick some a@$! It was such a huge rush of adrenaline getting up on my feet screaming and yelling and witnessing a band that I have loved for such a long time that has made such a huge impact on my life words can hardly describe. How some people loved Elvis I love No Doubt. How some people went absolutely nuts over the Beatles I went absolutely crazy for No Doubt!
Song highlights for me were “Simple Kind of Life”, “New”, of course “Don’t Speak” where you could see a wave of lighters and cell phones swaying back and forth. The definite highlight of the concert was when they performed “Just a Girl”…the energy was incredible! Gwen asked all the boys in the audience to sing as loud as they could “I’m just a girl” to which the boys did a pretty measly job…next she asked all of us girls to sing as loud as we could “I’m just a girl” and ya the girls rocked!! We sang it about 3 times each time louder and louder to the point where I knew my ear drums would burst but it was so worth it!!!
Another fun highlight of the night was when Gwen asked us all if we would sing Happy Birthday to her little boy Kingston, of course how could we say no? To everyone’s surprise she brought little Kingston out (who I think turned 3) and he was so freakin cute!!! They had the big head phones on him to protect his ears and it was seriously the cutest thing ever! We started singing “Happy Birthday” and Gwen took off the head phones so he could hear the audience wishing him a happy birthday…as soon as the head phones were off little Kingston put his hands up to his ears, I guess it was just too loud for him LOL! The whole time though he was waving at the audience and smiling and just being a stinkin cutie! Click here to check out a vid a fellow No Doubt fan took of the cute birthday boy!
Overall it was such an amazing, unreal, superb, outstanding, extraordinary experience pretty much beyond words. I am so psyched I decided to go and my little brother was able to go with me and we had such a blast. Next time they are in town consider me there!
Here are some photos I took of the concert! (Note: They were taken with my cell phone from the very back of the E-Center so the quality is not that great but you get the idea...)
There were two opening bands, The Sounds and Paramore. The Sounds opened first and though I had never heard of them they were really good and I quickly remembered how stinkin loud concerts are! Maybe I just don’t go to enough concerts or I am getting old but holy crap my ears were already hurting and it was only the opening bands! After The Sounds performed Paramore came on stage and tore it up! They were amazing! It was really nice to be able to actually recognize some of the songs and to sing along. The energy was pretty crazy too, every one was pumped up and excited and it just made the whole experience that much more unreal.
The anticipation for No Doubt was getting pretty crazy when Paramore wrapped up. They took about 15 mins to get everything set up for No Doubt when suddenly the lights went dark and through this big white curtain they had up the band members shadows stood larger then life and everyone went crazy! At first you could see Adrian, then Tom, then Tony until finally Gwen’s shadow appeared and everyone got our of their seats and were going crazy, shouting, clapping, yelling at the top of their lungs (yes my voice is gone today…lol!) it was insane! The curtain quickly dropped and there stood No Doubt in their entirety to kick some a@$! It was such a huge rush of adrenaline getting up on my feet screaming and yelling and witnessing a band that I have loved for such a long time that has made such a huge impact on my life words can hardly describe. How some people loved Elvis I love No Doubt. How some people went absolutely nuts over the Beatles I went absolutely crazy for No Doubt!
Song highlights for me were “Simple Kind of Life”, “New”, of course “Don’t Speak” where you could see a wave of lighters and cell phones swaying back and forth. The definite highlight of the concert was when they performed “Just a Girl”…the energy was incredible! Gwen asked all the boys in the audience to sing as loud as they could “I’m just a girl” to which the boys did a pretty measly job…next she asked all of us girls to sing as loud as we could “I’m just a girl” and ya the girls rocked!! We sang it about 3 times each time louder and louder to the point where I knew my ear drums would burst but it was so worth it!!!
Another fun highlight of the night was when Gwen asked us all if we would sing Happy Birthday to her little boy Kingston, of course how could we say no? To everyone’s surprise she brought little Kingston out (who I think turned 3) and he was so freakin cute!!! They had the big head phones on him to protect his ears and it was seriously the cutest thing ever! We started singing “Happy Birthday” and Gwen took off the head phones so he could hear the audience wishing him a happy birthday…as soon as the head phones were off little Kingston put his hands up to his ears, I guess it was just too loud for him LOL! The whole time though he was waving at the audience and smiling and just being a stinkin cutie! Click here to check out a vid a fellow No Doubt fan took of the cute birthday boy!
Overall it was such an amazing, unreal, superb, outstanding, extraordinary experience pretty much beyond words. I am so psyched I decided to go and my little brother was able to go with me and we had such a blast. Next time they are in town consider me there!
Here are some photos I took of the concert! (Note: They were taken with my cell phone from the very back of the E-Center so the quality is not that great but you get the idea...)



1 comment:
Sounds like a great concert! Glad you had such a fun time.
Post a Comment