Matt had to work Christmas Eve so I spent the day with my mom and siblings just relaxing and getting ready for the holiday. Matt and I made dozens and dozens of cookies the day before so Christmas Eve found us snacking on them all day, that's my idea of a perfect holiday! Once Matt finally got off of work we enjoyed dinner and games and my mom's house and then a relaxing night at home.
Christmas Day we woke up bright and early and went to my mom's to open presents. My whole family was there and it was pretty stinkin perfect! Last year we went to California to enjoy Christmas with Matt's family so it was nice being with my family this year. We spent the morning opening presents, enjoying a big delicious breakfast, and bumming around. I couldn't have asked for a greater day!








Matt completely spoiled me this year (which isn't unusual). I got much more then I ever expected! One of my favorite presents Matt got me was a brand new camelbak that should be able to hold all my textbooks when I start taking classes again after Abby is born. I have had my eye on it for quite a while now and when I saw he got it for me it blew me away. Matt is such a sweetie!

Matt's big present this year from me was a brand new Kindle. Anyone that knows Matt at all knows he LOVES reading! He can be seen everywhere from a restaurant to a movie theater (ya that's right I said movie theater) with a book, so I thought it was quite fitting for him to get a Kindle (where you can store over 3,000 books). I think he is going to love it!



Later Christmas Day Matt and I headed home and opened some more presents. We had a couple from Mom and Dad D. to open as well as some we saved from each other. It was nice being able to open some presents at our own place and start a new tradition.



It's also been our tradition to take a picture of all the loot we got! This year we have been blessed so much!! We had two full couches of amazing things we got from each other and our family. We even got some presents for Abby which we can't wait for her to use. I don't think we could be any more blessed!!!
The day after Christmas we had dinner with my dad and all my siblings which was really nice. It's always good to catch up with him and share in the holiday cheer. We did a present exchange and he got us a really nice pressure cooker which I can't wait to use! I should have some pictures posted soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment