
My favorite present by far! It's hard to believe that a year ago I didn't even know this little girl was going to be a part of my life (though I found out about a week later, lol!)

Peaceful sleeping baby, a beautiful thing!
We both had to work but after we enjoyed some dinner at Tucano's in Provo (highly recommended but a little expensive). After dinner we enjoyed some free time (which is quite rare for new parents who work full time and go to school) and checked in at our hotel for the night. I have to stay I have the most amazing family in the world for watching Abby the night of my birthday so Matt and I could have a little get-a-way, it was wonderful! We stayed at the Cottontree Inn in Provo right by the river and so we decided to go on a little walk. With all the rainy weather lately I am so glad it was so bright and sunny and warm on my birthday, it was perfect!

At the hotel they had this little walkway above the stairs which reminded me of Romeo and Juliet, lol.

The hotel had a ton of really amazing pieces of art hanging up all over. It was almost like we were staying in a museum, very cool!
The next day Matt had to work so Ryan and I went up to Salt Lake City and spent the day with Chelsie and my Aunt Cathy and her kids. It was so much fun watching them play with Abby, she is a very loved little girl! My uncle Paul and uncle Larry were also there with their motorcycles and we got this really cute picture with Abby and Paul....

We had a great day and on Sunday we enjoyed birthday dinners at the Texas Roadhouse in Orem. We were celebrating my mom's birthday (May 10th), mine (May 13th), and Wes's (May 24th). We had some really amazing food and great company.

Overall I had one of the best birthdays I can remember. Even though the new ipod was more then I could have ever asked for and the get-a-way was so perfect, I have to admit all I really need to make my birthday the best ever is to hold my baby girl and hubby in my arms. These two people (and countless other family and friends) make my life the most wonderful thing in the world. I sometimes can't believe how truly blessed I really am!






No comments:
Post a Comment