Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Awh, what an AMAZING day!

I think Memorial Day was one of the best days I have had in a long time! Everything about the day from when I woke up to when I went to bed was amazing! I was definitely spoiled!

Since Matt started working graveyard we haven't been able to sleep in the same bed at the same time and it bites! I love cuddling with him and just having him close and I have missed it like crazy! Also since Matt is awake in the middle of the night he sleeps during the day and so it gives me a lot of spare time during the day. Usually I am working while Matt's sleeping so it's not too bad but on Saturday's and Sunday's I find myself trying to think of something to do while Matt is sleeping (not that I am totally dependent on Matt to give me something fun to do, it just helps a lot!).

Well on Monday Matt stayed up all day! When I got up Monday morning I asked Matt if he was going to go to bed and he said he took a nap while I was sleeping so he could stay up all day with me. I can't tell you how freakin excited and happy I was to hear this. It made my day! Actually spending a whole day with Matt has been so rare, just having this time with him was such a blessing. Monday morning we lounged around until about 11am, played a little Wii, made some yummy breakfast, and finally got ready for the day. We decided to go visit my grandparents graves at the Provo Cemetery, the day before we got some flowers and I was excited to take them to the cemetery. Once we got there I couldn't believe how many people were there. It was a little rainy and cloudy out but that didn't seem to stop anyone from visiting their departed loved ones. We took the flowers to their graves and took a moment to reflect. I am so grateful for my grandparents and all their love, I am so grateful Matt had the opportunity to meet my Grandpa. I am so thankful I will be able to be reunited with them again!

As we were getting ready to leave we got a call from my mom asking if we wanted to have lunch with them at the Olive Garden, we jumped at the opportunity! We met up with the family and had some yummy pasta! It was delicious! After that we stopped by the Mall for a minute, just browsed around, and then after that everyone came over to check out our new place. It was nice being able to show off our little apartment, makes all that cleaning well worth it! After that Matt and I went over to Barnes and Noble to see if there were any new interesting books out, after that we went over to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to get a bed skirt (aka dust cover) and I tell you if I had a little extra cash I would go crazy there, I love it!

After the shopping we went back home and crashed! Matt was so exhausted for staying up all day he went right to bed and I decided to stay up a little and get some yummy watermelon we bought the day before. I finally got to bed and instead of Matt getting up to spend the night staying awake to stay on his graveyard schedule he slept all night next to me and it was so wonderful!

Overall it was an amazing day, spending time with Matt is the greatest thing in the world and I can't wait until we take off to California next month and get to spend the whole weekend together! I hope your Memorial Day was just as good and you got to have a nice relaxing day!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Sounds perfect. I love those days.