Friday, May 23, 2008

"Perhaps, they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy." - Eskimo legend

Ever since I was young Memorial Day has always been a day in my family for remembering and paying honor to our loved ones that have passed away (it only makes sense). We have always visited their grave sites and this year I plan on keeping the tradition alive. I am planning on visiting my Grandma's and Grandpa's graves and honoring them and all they have done for me. Sadly I lost both my Grandparents on my father's side and Grandma's on my mother's side (my mom's mother died when she was really young and my Grandpa remarried the only Grandma that I knew).
It's so sad to have these amazing people in my life gone. I was especially close to my Grandparents on my father's side. I lived with Grandma and Grandpa Bergera ever since I graduated up until I was 20 and I have become so close to them. My Grandma died in 2004 and it was the one of the hardest things to go through. I love my Grandma so much and I miss her so much. I am so thankful that as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints I know about the plan of salvation and that I can see my Grandma again. Those words never meant as much as when I lost my Grandma. My Grandpa Bergera who is such an amazing man who I will always strive to be like passed away this January unexpectedly and I still can't believe he is gone. I miss Grandpa so much and can't wait to see both him and my Grandma one day. I never knew my mom's mother but I can tell by stories that she was a wonderful lady and I can't wait to meet her in heaven one day. And my Grandma Cleo who my mom's father married after my mom's mother died is a wonderful lady as well and was always an amazing Grandma to me, I know she smiling down from heaven at how close her family has become.
I know I was very blessed to have such amazing Grandparents that would do anything for me. They have shown such unbelievable love towards me and I can't wait to be with them again. I can't imagine more self-less, caring, kind, loving, gracious, wonderful people as my Grandparents. I hope they know how much I love them! I look forward to showing them my love this Memorial Day and honoring them as best I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey....
I came across this by accident but I'm glad I did. I love your throughts and comments concerning grandma and grandpa Bergera. I miss my mom and dad so much honey and there spirits are with me every day, I can't believe they are gone too and some days are certainly harder than others. We've all been very blessed to have them in our lives and I guess that's what it's all about, family is so important and I'm so greatful for mine. I love you all so much and I know i've been so blessed to have you all. Love Dad....