My hubby Matt has been working as an Assistant Manager at Wal-Mart for over 6 months now and for about 4 of those months he has been working the graveyard shift. It was definitely not by choice but it's something every assistant has to do eventually so we are both happy he got it over with sooner rather then later. Well since he started the graveyard shift he was told he could go back to days in either 2, 4, or 6 months (pretty dumb huh?!). Well today he told me his last day working overnights will be August 1st...YEA!! It's been a long time since I have been able to sleep next to Matt and I am so glad it's only a little longer now. Besides not having him next to me at night while sleeping, when I am awake he is fast asleep which has been really hard. It will be so good all around to have him home at nights, sleeping regular hours, and having a semi normal routine. He even gets 4-day weekends off every couple of weeks what could be better!? It's been so long since we have had a weekend off together (the last one was when we went to Cali) and I am looking forward to taking him down to my families cabin sometime this summer. It seems like for all our family outings this year Matt has had to work and hopefully with going back to days he will have more time off. Also the nice thing will be he will have the time off for us to go to my Olson family reunion in August and I am pretty pysched about that!
Thursday, July 10, 2008
A Reason to Celebrate...
My hubby Matt has been working as an Assistant Manager at Wal-Mart for over 6 months now and for about 4 of those months he has been working the graveyard shift. It was definitely not by choice but it's something every assistant has to do eventually so we are both happy he got it over with sooner rather then later. Well since he started the graveyard shift he was told he could go back to days in either 2, 4, or 6 months (pretty dumb huh?!). Well today he told me his last day working overnights will be August 1st...YEA!! It's been a long time since I have been able to sleep next to Matt and I am so glad it's only a little longer now. Besides not having him next to me at night while sleeping, when I am awake he is fast asleep which has been really hard. It will be so good all around to have him home at nights, sleeping regular hours, and having a semi normal routine. He even gets 4-day weekends off every couple of weeks what could be better!? It's been so long since we have had a weekend off together (the last one was when we went to Cali) and I am looking forward to taking him down to my families cabin sometime this summer. It seems like for all our family outings this year Matt has had to work and hopefully with going back to days he will have more time off. Also the nice thing will be he will have the time off for us to go to my Olson family reunion in August and I am pretty pysched about that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I thought he looked familiar! I saw him at Wal-mart a little while ago. .but I didn't put two and two together! I am glad that he is almost done with working nights. I would hate not sleeping next to my hubby. Infact, it takes me 3 times as long to fall asleep with out him. I'm glad you will be able to go on a vacation together! Take care!
Yay! Partay!!! That is really exciting.
Post a Comment