On Saturday we met up at Aaron's house for some amazing waffles! Unfortunately Matt to work so that was a bummer. We decided to still try to make a fun day of it and Aaron and I took Thom and Sarah and the two rugrats to the "This Is The Place" Heritage Park in Salt Lake. The last time I went to Park was probably five years ago but it was really neat! They have a bunch of pioneer cabins, shops, a church, school, general store, just everything you could think of a little pioneer village having. Plus they had people dressed like pioneers making candy, quilting, just the whole nine yards. Well I guess they only do that in the summer because when we went up it was more like a ghost town. It was still nice walking around the park and watching Luke and Leona have a ball!
Sunday I took Thom and Sarah and kiddies to Temple Square. Sarah had never been to Temple Square so it was really fun showing her the Temple, the Tabernacle, the Assembly Hall, and the Visitor Centers. We also went to the Church History Museum and probably spent most of our time checking out the amazing artwork! Plus they had a fun "I am a Child of God" area for little kids. Luke could probably have played for hours!! Later that night Aaron made us spaghetti with Mommy D's famous spaghetti sauce, it was so good!
Finally on Monday Matt and I both had the day off so we took Thom and Sarah to some of our favorite places. We had lunch at Red Robin, ice cream at Sub Zero, showed them our new town home in Pleasant Grove (I will blog about this soon!) and then to the Mt. Timpanogas Temple. We also went to Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point and it's HUGE! It was the first time any of us have been there and we were not disappointed! There were so many fun play areas for Luke it was perfect!
The weekend was a blast! Visiting with Thom and Sarah was so nice and I know Matt really enjoyed being with family!! Here are a couple pictures from the weekend...









1 comment:
Too cute! Sounds like you had a lot of fun!
Post a Comment