Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Good times!

On Sunday my sister Chelsie and her hubby Wes and my little brother Austin went up to Salt Lake (well technically Sandy) to have lunch with my Aunt Cathy and her hubby Larry and two kids Riley and Scott. It was SO good catching up! I haven't seen Cathy in WAY too long! I went up north this summer for a cultural day for my humanities class and hung out with Cathy the whole day but since then I haven't seen her and so it was really nice! Austin just recently bought a new camera and took a couple photos...



After lunch we headed over to IKEA and I bought a mirror and some plants. Kind of an odd combination but I really wanted a long, tall, skinny mirror to put in my bathroom (so I can see the back of my head when I am doing my hair...the girls know what I am talking about) and then I have this plant that was actually from my grandpa's funeral that died (a little depressing I would say) so I got some brand new ivy to put in it's place. I think it looks really nice and calming now.
So yesterday I wasn't feeling so hot so I took the day off from work and it was actually pretty nice because Matt had the day off so we were able to just bum around. Later on in the day we decided to do a little family Christmas shopping and guess what...we only have like 3 more presents we need to buy and we are DONE! We have never been this quick and getting our shopping done but for some reason we knew exactly what to get everyone (helps that I have time at work to ponder about such things) and everything worked out pretty well. I also came up with a couple more ideas for Matt and have the money to get them I just need to find some time to buy them when Matt is working...this should be interesting. I also started my painting some of the planets for my astronomy painting (Uranus and Neptune to be exact). I am pretty pleased with how they turned out. Once I get it all done I will take a pic of it and you can all let me know what you think!
Well today Matt is going to an interview at Wells Fargo in Pleasant Grove (that's the city I work in) so I am pretty excited. I really hope he gets the job! It would pretty much make my day but I don't want to jinx anything so I will just leave it at that. Send your good vibes his way!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yay for Ikea! Yay for early Christmas shopping, and Yay for job interviews. {{GOOD VIBES}} {{GOOD VIBES}}!

Britt said...

You make me laugh Erin, thanks!!