It's hard for me to believe that it's almost Christmas! I mean come on where has the time gone? Well ok it's not even December yet but store's have already started bringing in their holiday decorations and it's actually pretty fun! I feel that by November you have every right to get excited for the Christmas (but any earlier is just plain criminal)! Not to mention we had a nice little snow storm over here on Wednesday that really made you want to sing, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" (picture my mom with a huge grin on her face right about now). I am pretty stoked about the whole thing.
This will be Matt and my fourth Christmas together, our third one married. It's crazy to think we've spent so many Christmas's together but of course it wouldn't feel like Christmas without my hubby! I have about 15 presents for Matt already (via ordering online while at work, it's the best!) though I still have a couple I want to get (most of them are pretty small and I still need to get him that "wow" present) I am pretty happy that most of my Matt shopping is out of the way. We've already been thinking about what we want to get family members and that makes things about a hundred times easier.
The only sad thing about the Christmas season this year is once again we wont be able to go out to California to visit with Matt's family. We are still keeping our fingers crossed we can find Matt a better job before Christmas but I highly doubt we will be able to go out to California this year. It's a huge bummer for us, we miss seeing his family and spending time with them. We've only been up to see them once on Christmas (well the day after) since we've been married and we definitely want to make it a habit to go up there every (if not every other) Christmas. Our DeGriselles family is truly a special one (in more ways then one...just kidding!!) and we always look forward to seeing them!!
Well enough of this Christmas stuff! Really not too much is new in our neck of the woods. I am working away at Synergy and pretty much loving it. I have been pretty much given an amazing job with awesome perks, wonderful people that make going to work pretty stinkin awesome, and a supervisor who is hands down one of the greatest guys I know...what could be better?! Well we just recently (as in last month) moved into a brand new building and besides the occasional odor of farm lands (which we hope dies down come this winter) it's super nice.
I am also about half-way through my Astronomy class and I love it! I mean yes I don't love the homework, studying, quizzes, and tests, but the information is really interesting and my teacher is so funny and smart and seems like a pretty cool chick you could just hang out with. Right now I am getting an A in the class and hope to keep it up (despite the last couple of chapters we've read that have been more about physics then astronomy and are driving me crazy)! I also started a new painting for the class (you're thinking it's not an art class, what are you talking about a new painting?) but we have these final projects due at the end of the semester and basically what she wants us to do is express something to do with astronomy using our own talents. I am doing a painting of the solar system with my own painting vibe. I hope it turns out good!
Matt is still working as an Assistant Manager at Wally-World. It's not that he doesn't like his job it's the stupid politics and hypercriticalness (is that a word?) of the higher management. Thus we are still on the job hunt to find something better (even if that means finding two part-time jobs...whatever works we are game for!!) every day we are checking online for new job postings and what not. It's not the funnest thing finding a job and dealing with a crappy one in the meantime but we are very grateful we have a roof over our heads and food to fill our belly's, and know that "this too shall pass".
Besides work and school we've been busy with our calling as the Ward Librarians and it's been fun! I love getting to know new members of our ward with this calling and making new friends. Just the other day a lady I had seen every week at Relief Society came into the library during Sunday School and just started chit-chatting with me. I couldn't remember her name (*blush*) so after we talked I looked her up in the ward directory (luckily it had pictures) and found out her name is Tanya. It was really cool cause she just came and talked with me for about 10 minutes about this and that. It was nice to get to know someone new in my ward.
Well like I said not too much is new, just keeping busy and working hard! Things are going well and we both are pretty dang happy! How are things in your neck of the woods?
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow..I can't believe you're that far into Christmas shopping?! I have no idea what I'm going to do for Tim! But I must say I am so so excited for Christmas. Actually I have been excited for Christmas for over a month now. Don't worry, not singing Christmas songs and watching Christmas movies excited, just looking forward to it pretty much more than anything!!!
Congrats about astronomy! That rocks. I think its pretty cool that youre doing a painting for it.
And Tim and I are keeping Matt in our prayers. There's nothing worse than having to deal with all that political crap...Good Luck
Thanks Allie!
Post a Comment