As my previous post mentioned I gave blood last night and it was pretty dang cool! The most annoying thing was the waiting but really it wasn't all that bad, Matt was there to keep me entertained and the time just flew by! I first had to do the little interview thingie to make sure my heart rate was normal, blood pressure good, and all that fun stuff! After passing with flying colors and getting my finger poked so they could test my blood (can I say ouch!) I was off to finally give blood. The lady that got me all ready and stuck the needle in my arm was really nice. I've been told by a certain family member that I have elephant veins (which I think is actually a very nice compliment) because it didn't take more then one simple stick of the needle and I was just a pumping the blood away! I was done in 4 minutes flat! (That's got to be a record right? Anyone?) I was a little light headed once I stood up so Matt insisted that I eat some shortbread cookies (how could I say no?) and drink some white peach juice. Overall it was a really good experience. I would definitly encourage everyone who can donate to do it!

Oh and I got one of those standard bright bandages (mine was green) so I looked pretty legit!
No comments:
Post a Comment